So that last post made me feel bad
I took a little time to create a few confessions for you guys. I’ll queue them up and hopefully have enough for the next two to three days.
I know, I’ve been awful!! :( But there are reasons!
1. I’m taking a full course load full of English and writing classes, which means a lot of reading and writing and research. Currently, I’m working on heavy research projects for THREE different classes. Most of my free time is spent at the library.
2. I’m also working as a writing tutor in my school’s tutoring center. 10 hours per week, I’m working with other students on their assignments. Those ten hours don’t include the time I spend with my coworkers planning workshops and other events to help students with their assignments. That can sometimes add up to three or four more hours to my work week. I know that’s not a lot, but it involved hard work on my part. Plus, added to my 18-hour per week course load, turns itself into a part-time job.
3. I’m also interning for the Salvation Army in my city. So I’m interviewing people and writing articles for our local paper. Sometimes, because of my busy schedule, I can’t make an interview and they send me a recording. Either way, just the interviewing and note-taking can take up to 3 hours per interview (with driving, interviewing, taking photos, and going home). Then I have to write the story, which can take another 2 hours or so.
4. So now I’m at around 33 hours per week I simply cannot do fun stuff, not including the hours spent doing homework and research. With those, I’m probably closer to 38-40 hours per week.
5. I am also Greek. I am on the Panhellenic executive council (the governing council for the sororities on campus) and that takes time. Granted, it’s been slowing down as the semester winds down, but as the PR director, I have to attend every Greek event for photos and social media updates, and I make flyers for every event we put on. Even just meetings add another hour to my week, putting me at 41. The week before finals, we’re hosting a 14-hour long study session, which I’ll be expected to pretty much attend the whole time.
6. I exercise. If I don’t, I get anxious and depressed. So I go to PureBarre anywhere from three to five times per week, adding anywhere from 3-5 hours.
7. I’m graduating in May, which means I am currently working on my resume and cover letters to start applying for jobs pretty soon so that I can (hopefully) have one pretty close to my graduation date. In addition, Boyfriend and I are trying to figure out if we want to stay here and work and live or try to go somewhere else, which means research and extensive discussions about our possibilities. Neither of us is from here, so we’re open to trying other places; plus, we would have a bigger pool of jobs to apply for. So that adds anywhere from 1-3 hours a week at the minimum. We talked for three hours last night alone.
8. Finally, I have been using KeyNote to do confessions (it’s the Mac equivalent of PowerPoint). Since the iOS7 update, though, it’s completely different and I’ve been trying to figure out how to do everything I used to. Some of the photo editing things have changed or disappeared altogether, and exporting is way more of a pain than it was before. So, I’m still navigating that.
I know I have a TON of confessions and I know it’s been a long time, but I just hope everyone can be patient and supportive. I’ll be back soon, I swear. I have Thanksgiving break week after next and I’ll be able to devote a lot more time to figuring this out.
In the meantime, enjoy the confessions posted!
Thank you so much! And here ya go - check them out, peeps. :)
Confessions Currently Closed
Hey guys, so I’m behind on confessions again - school, work, the usual - so I’m closing the confess box until I catch up. This is a Wisteria-Confessions first - yay! So, I’ll start posting again this week. Sorry for the delays!